Tomorrow I have the opportunity to do something that I haven’t done in almost two years. I will be attending a card show! Thanks to my wife’s careful planning, I have the means of spending a day looking through boxes and boxes of cards.
As I so rarely get a chance to go, I thought
it would be best practice to set some goals for myself.
1. Add at least 20 cards to add to my various player collections.
2. Add a Gary Carter Rookie card.
3. Add an on card auto of either Fisk or Carter. Or if I shoot the moon, Piazza or Bench.
4. Add another Evan Gattis auto to my collection.
5. Find several relics and autos for upcoming trades.
And while it isn’t likely, I would love the chance to nab an auto in my price range of Pedroia, Ortiz, or Jose Altuve. However, I won’t spend a lot of time devoted to finding these.
While these are my goals, I am not going to overspend.
Wish me luck.